Thursday, April 15, 2010

What Aspect of A Thrift Store Brings You Back Time & Time Again?

We have all experienced shopping disappointments some time in our lives. Whether your let down has been at the grocery store, mall, WalMart, Saks Fifth Avenue or at your local thrift store, wasting your precious time and money while shopping is seriously aggravating. When you find a store you like, well that is a different story. There is probably nothing that will hold you back from shopping at the store you LOVE!

There are some thrift stores that I just will not visit for a second time. What factors of the store cause me to label it as a “Bad Thrift Store”? For the sake of the good, here are a few aspects of a thrift store that will bring me back time and time again to a particular store to search for the next great bargain.

Organization
A thrift store that is not organized is one that I typically will not visit for a second time. What I expect as I walk into a thrift store is really quite basic. All clothing items have to be on hangers on a rack separated by men, women, boys, and girls. The books should be organized by type on shelves and other items such as purses, hats, scarves etc. neatly separated into different bins or shelves. If I walk into a thrift store that is completely unorganized I will not even waste my time looking, or returning for that matter.

Quality Items
Finding items that I feel are “worthy of my discovery” will lead me back to that particular store. As you become a seasoned thrift shopper, you can typically tell from the first moment that you walk into the door whether or not you will find items to purchase or if you will want to even waste your time searching for items to purchase. Finding quality products at a thrift store is a huge factor when I make the decision on whether or not to return to that store because if they don’t have anything that I want to buy, why go back?

Price
You may laugh at this one if you want, but price is a huge factor for my second trip to the thrift store. The more I thrift, the cheaper I become. There I said it. I have personal convictions on how much I allow myself to spend on certain items in a thrift store. Although it may be true that the price you pay at a thrift store is cheaper than the price you would pay at a regular department store, I just cannot justify spending a lot of money on a item I know has previously been used or for the mere fact that it is in a THRIFT STORE!! When I head to the thrift store I do not expect to pay retail. I think CHEAP! If the store is charging an arm and a leg for an item, forget it, I don’t care how much I like it, I will not buy it!

Let me encourage you, if you have walked into a thrift store that does not offer what rules you have set in place for your thrift store shopping experience, don’t give up thrift store shopping just yet. Find a thrift store buddy who you can take with you on your next THRIFT STORE SHOPPING TRIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment